Monday, July 21, 2008

Tour of LA!

"Again.... where are all the movie stars?"

On Saturday, before my flight, I met up with Sean and he showed me the sights and sounds of LA. I still didn't see any famous people. However, I did get to see a famous person at the airport before my flight. I'll explain that a bit later.

I'm going to try a new way of posting pictures. I've created a photo album on Facebook, and you can visit it by clicking HERE. You shouldn't have a problem viewing the album, even if you don't have a Facebook account. Leave me some comments here on the blog, and let me know if you like this new way. It is actually a lot easier for me to do it this way.

Once Sean dropped me off at the airport, I had to stand in the check-in line for a very long time. Luckily I made friends fast because the folks that are part of the trip I am going on all had AustraLearn tags on their bags. So I got a head start meeting a few people who I will be hanging out with in Australia.

As I was talking with some people, they brought my attention to the mass of paparazzi coming our way. They seemed to be taking pictures of a woman holding a child. I didn't recognize who she was. And as I was trying to figure out who this woman might be, Batman walked by. Well I guess it wasn't really Batman. It was the actor Christian Bale who plays batman in the new "Dark Knight" movie. He is much shorter than I thought Batman should be. But before I realized who he was, it was too late. He was gone. So I had to go back to waiting in the long check-in line.

After I made my way through security, I met up with the rest of the group at the gate. The plane was packed! We were also 2 hours late leaving because apparently we were sharing the flight with "Dr. Death" who was being extradited back to Australia. The article about Dr. Death's trip back to Australia can be found by clicking HERE.

Anyway, that's about it for my trip to LA. I apologize for being so late getting this post up, but I've been really busy.

1 comment:

The Hindsman's said...

OK, that is scarey being on the same flight. I am glad you made it there safe.