Sunday, October 26, 2008

Video Project Pictures Continued....

Sorry for the delay, but here are the remaining pictures from the video shoot:

(THE LAST PHOTO IS WORTH THE WAIT...)

^My sleeping arrangement^
Take notice to the open-air-ed-ness.
No windows or screens, just weird walls.

^Set-up for the outside shoot^

^Getting into character^

During one of our afternoon breaks we went to Tully Gorge. The river flowing through the gorge is commonly used by whitewater rafters.

^Little Beach^

^Notice the rainforest on the banks^

^Someone asked, "Which way to the rainforest?"^
So...I showed them.

Okay, now for the final picture... First, you'll need me to set the scene.

On the morning we were leaving, we were about ready to go, and it was around 11:00AM. We had all eaten breakfast (I ate toast with guacamole on it, I guess it's an Australian thing, and it wasn't too bad.). Everyone had done their part to help clean up, and we had experienced a few morning rain showers... after all it was the rainforest.

Tali had just gotten out of the shower, and she went to her drawer to get some clothes. When she opened the drawer this is what she saw:

^Australian Brown Tree Snake^

As could be expected, she came running and screaming out of the bedroom, and as soon as she let out the first scream, the first word that popped into my head was "SNAKE!" Sure enough, there was a snake in one of her drawers.

We later identified the snake as a Brown Tree Snake. Which is venomous, but their fangs are in the back of their mouth. I'm not sure if that is supposed to make me feel better. If so, it didn't work. I actually didn't even see the snake. Tali took the picture of it.

It was a good thing we were leaving that morning, because I don't think I would have been able to sleep on the floor anymore.

Paul said that they were going to deal with the snake once everyone left. Tali told me in class the following Tuesday they got a neighbor to come take care of the snake, so no worries.

Last weekend I went to Magnetic Island, and I have some pictures from that little trip that I will put up here as soon as I get some time. If you want to read up on ole' Maggie Island, you can by clicking here.

1 comment:

Roger and Linda said...

Happy Birthday,

You are now legal drinking age in the States, you can come home now.