Thursday, September 25, 2008

Lecture Recess Here I Come!

"Brisbane or Bust!"

Next week we have "Lecture Recess." It is essentially Spring Break for us. I couple friends of mine and I just finished planning our Lecture Recess vacation to Brisbane and Fraser Island.

Here is a link to the wikipedia article on Fraser Island. It is really interesting.

Our Travel Itinerary
Friday: Arrive in Brisbane @ 11:40PM
Saturday: Rent a Car and attend Oktoberfest Fest-Brisbane
Sunday: Drive South to Nimbin, Australia - It's a city in New South Wales (The state south of Queensland)
Monday: Drive North to Hervey Bay
Tuesday: Rent a 4x4 Toyota LandCruiser to take to Fraser Island
Wednesday & Thursday: Camp and 4-wheel around Fraser Island
Friday: Greyhound back to Brisbane
Saturday: Flight back to Townsville, arrive 10:35 AM

We are camping and staying in backpacker resorts during our travels, so I am not sure how much internet access I will have. However, I will have tons of pictures to upload when I get back. I will try and make a blog entry or two letting everyone know that we're okay. Until then, as my Aussie friends say, "See yous lata!"

2 comments: