Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Aussie Money!

"Well ain't that interesting?"

First, I wanted to say, "I'm sorry for not updating." This is after I write a blog entry about how I hope to update more often... I'm really dropping the ball on this blog thing.

On the bright side, I am going to share some interesting things about Australian currency. First here is a picture of some Monopoly money.... I mean Australian money:

^The Australian 10, 20, 50, and 100 Dollar Notes^

At the time the first picture was taken, I didn't have a $5. So here is one next to a $10.

^The Australian 5 Dollar Note^

Notice how they progressively get longer in size as their value increases. I don't know what the money is made from, but they have a very plastic/waxy feel which makes them essentially waterproof. Also, their consistency also makes them impossible to tear. Just watch this video:



Now you may be wondering, "What does an Australian $1 look like?" Well , there is no $1 bill. Only a $1 coin, and there is actually a $2 coin as well. Tomorrow I'll publish a blog about the Australian coins. Until then, cheers!

2 comments:

Dad said...

It's about time.... The money I mean, I've been wondering about it. Hey how'd you get all that to take a picture. Did you strike it rich down there and not tell anybody?

Dad said...

I finally got the video to play.

STOP TRYING TO RUIN THAT MONEY!!!!!