Monday, August 4, 2008

First Day of Class/I Feel Like I am Joining a Frat

"I can handle this I joined an American Fraternity!"

Well today was the first day of class and my Monday is very insane! I hope I can handle it: I have only one class. Photography. It starts at 1. Then I have what is called a "Practical" for photography which is a lot like a lab. So beginning at 1 PM, I am done by 2:50PM, having finished Photography lecture and practical.

Now onto the good stuff...
This whole week is called O' Week, and there is a large rivalry between the Residence Halls In our Residence Hall (George Roberts Hall) the "Freshies" (Freshmen/New Students) are literally hazed during O'Week. Right now, it is not bad at all. We just have to wear these bright yellow headbands with our names written on them. If we are ever seen on campus without our headbands on, we will get tackled and held down while our names are written on our foreheads. I've seen two people with sharpie on their heads. A couple friends of mine saw a girl get tackled earlier today. I'm so excited to see that happen to someone! Apparently things get harder, but little do they know, I joined an American Fraternity. I can handle this. It's gonna be a cakewalk.

^Sporting the Headband^

Tonight there is a "Tunnel Party" down the road. As the name suggests, we are going to a party in a tunnel. I don't know what to expect. I'm just excited to possibly see someone get their name Sharpied on their forehead. I may try to take some pictures at the party, but I'm not making any promises.

Oh, I almost forgot to write about what the lunch ladies said to me today about my headband. They asked, "Mike! Do you knows what they do to yous if you are cought without the headband?" I answered, "No, what?" Donna then said, "They strip ya naked and tie ya to the dining room floor for our viewing pleasure. Ya better be careful that we don't sneak up and try to slip off ya headband." I thanked her for the warning, and quickly ran to the table to tell my friends what just happened.

This is definitely doing to be an interesting semester!

2 comments:

The Hindsman's said...

Scarey!!! I wonder if she hits on all the guys?

JNAKBoswell said...

Man, I didn't realize you were such a ladies' man!